BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Enjoying the Outdoors

As usual, we've been pretty busy this weekend. The great weather has allowed the kids to play and eat outside much of the time, which they love. Yesterday we took the kids to a carnival at the elementary school where Mia will be going to kindergarten next year. There was food, pony rides, face painting and lots of inflatable slides, and we even ran into some friends and neighbors. One of the things we really love about Roswell is the tight-knit community, where you can go anywhere and run into people you know. Through the kids' preschool, other activities and our church, we have gotten to know a lot of nice families in our town - and that's been a blessing.

Last night, Milo and I attended a New Members' Reception hosted by Fellowship Bible Church. It was held at the beautiful home of one of our members, and it was a great gathering! Lots of food, lots of laughs, lots of great people to meet. We saw several friends and made some new acquaintances - including finding a potential new babysitter (yeah!) We will be losing our 2 beloved babysitters this fall due to them leaving for college (I mean, how could they do that to us?) We spent time talking with our pastor, Crawford Loritts, and discovered that he knew of my uncle, Orlando Costas (a noted theologian and missionary), had read one of his books, and that they had a mutual good friend. It was really neat to hear this bit of history and common ground. Small world!
Here are pictures of - what else? - the kiddies. Have a great weekend!

Mia enjoys a pony ride at the carnival.


Face painting fun. (What is it with little girls and their love of having their faces painted?)

Mia and friend Ryan, playing in the yard.


The other day I was sitting outside on our patio, and feeling a little homesick for Connecticut. I looked up and it was as if God hit me over the head when I saw the beauty of the lush green trees and yard set before me in the Spring sunshine. I immediately repented of my self-pity (!) and thanked God for giving us this beautiful yard and view to enjoy.






More of "Katie Holmes" (aka, Mia Falcon) new 'do.




I mean, really... don't you just want to nibble on those thighs?!!


0 comments: